[Histonet] NSH Self-Assessment Series CD - Cannot Install

D Paulson [Source Medical Products] dpconsult <@t> earthlink.net
Thu Mar 10 05:44:45 CST 2005

Has anyone had success installing this program?
I have tried installing this on PC's with the following operating systems:
Windows/XP Professional
Windows/XP Home
Windows 2000
Windows 98

I have the version that was released in December 2004.  The contact at the
NSH office said they personally had success using Windows/XP Professional
but she acknowledged there are many people who have not been able to install
it.

This is the error message displayed initially:
"The data for this program has been modified.  The program will not start."
then the install program attempts to install Microsoft Data Access Control
(MDAC) version 2.5
For systems running Windows/XP you get a 'Fatal Setup Error' because
Windows/XP includes MDAC with the operating system.

The list of files on the CD in the 'Support' folder include:

MDAC_TYP.DDF  Date: 11/17/2004
Project1.DDF  Date: 10/14/2004
Quiz.DDF      Date: 01/29/2004
Quizbooks.DDF Date: 10/14/2004
SelfExam.exe  Date: 11/17/2004
Start.exe     Date: 11/17/2004

All the PC's have either Microsoft Office 2000/Professional or Microsoft
Office 2003/Professional installed.

Any insight you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dick Paulson
Source Medical Products
dpconsult <@t> earthlink.net