[Histonet] Inexpensive humidity chambers for IHC

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Wed Mar 9 10:26:15 CST 2005

Although you live in Canada, you could access Evergreen Scientific for
there tidy little Immuno Stain Moisture Chamber either in clear or black,
hold 10 slides per box with each slide in individual slots.   Approx
$80/pkg of 3 boxes.   http://www.evergreensci.com   or

I have seen these boxes from other vendors but do not recall where.  These
boxes very efficient, cheap and fit in incubators, desktops or
refrigerators.  We use them frequently for cold temperature antibody
incubation.  Evergreen also manufactures for other companies, and they may
have a source in Canada.

Also Scytek (Logan Utah) has humidity chamber.  Holds 20 slides with drip
tray, slide holder tilts easy rinsing, slides stay in place from start to
finish, comes with white plastic inserts to put in back of slides to
observe chromogen development, and clear plastic lids over slide holders
for easy access to slides for reagent application.  SlideMasters are approx
$400 US dollars.  They fit in a refrigerator, incubator, or on bench
top.  I have 6 of them, and love using them. Go to www.scytek.com
website.  We often set up 5 Slidemasters for one days staining of 100
slides.  Great for a small laboratory looking for more efficient manual IHC
work.
Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor