[Histonet] Paraplast Plus

Angela Bitting akbitting <@t> geisinger.edu
Wed Mar 9 10:03:16 CST 2005

I've heard (from a Surgipath rep) that they have has problems with water
in the past. Just thought I'd pass this on. Don't know how true it is.

>>> "Mike Safron" <MSafron <@t> wilresearch.com> 03/09/05 10:21 AM >>>
We are using Paraplast Plus from Kendall (Tyco/Healthcare).  We have
noticed
that after the paraffin melts (in embedding center and paraffin pot)
that
there is what appears to be a straw colored liquid that is deposited at
the
bottom of the units.  It would appear that the liquid is not miscible
with
the melted paraffin. This liquid is causing problems with embedding.
Does
anybody know where this liquid is coming from?

Michael Safron A.S.,HT(ASCP)
Manager, Histology
WIL Research Laboratories LLC
419-289-8700 ext: 3040