[Histonet] cellsmears and cytospin for ihc

GUTIERREZ, JUAN juan.gutierrez <@t> christushealth.org
Tue Mar 8 10:36:01 CST 2005

We do a few markers regularly on cytospins and or smears.  The general rule is to fix in 95% alcohol right after spinning, do not let them air-dry.  From the alcohol we then transfer to the immuno buffer and go from there.  We have had good results with storing the cytospins in the same alcohol for short periods of time, but I wouldn't try it for very long.  Good luck.

Juan C. Gutierrez, HT(ASCP)
Histology Laboratory Supervisor
(210)704-2533

My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.  Long live free speech!

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Gudrun Lang
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 10:54 AM
To: Histonetliste (Histonetliste)
Subject: [Histonet] cellsmears and cytospin for ihc

Hi histonetters,

We perform ihc on cellsmears and cytospins very rarely. Therefore we have no
really experience.

Can anyone tell me, if there is a general preperation protocol for these
specimen, that is best for ihc?

Air-drying / fixation in . / storage ?

Or does it depend on the antibody or the kind of fluid?

Thanks in advance

Gudrun Lang

Linz, Austria