[Histonet] RE: permeabilization needed in IHC of viral protein?

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Thu Mar 3 13:36:12 CST 2005

   Hi Carla,

   Theoretically you don't need permeabilization. Since you have been
   cutting sections, the cell interior is fully exposed to the
   antibodies. On top of that you applied a protease step. My advise
   would be testing the staining under similar conditions without and
   with saponin 0.1% in all steps (including washing buffers). Again, to
   my opinion a different staining pattern is not very likely.

   Chris van der Loos, PhD

   Dept. of Pathology

   Academical Medical Center

   Amsterdam - The Netherlands