[Histonet] block alignment

Dawson, Glen GDawson <@t> dynacaremilwaukee.com
Thu Mar 3 07:27:43 CST 2005

Jeanine,

I believe we have 7 Histo Collimators here and I've used one for at least 5
or 6 years and I couldn't go without it.  Using the Collimator, I usually
waste less than 10 microns worth of tissue on an outside block face-in.

Thumbs Way Way Up on block aligners,

Glen Dawson  BS, HT & QIHC (ASCP)
IHC Manager
Milwaukee, WI

-----Original Message-----
From: Bartlett, Jeanine [mailto:JQB7 <@t> CDC.GOV]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:42 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] block alignment

Hi:

Does anyone out there have any experience with block alignment products
such as the Microtome Aligner from Newcomer or the Histo Collimator?  We
receive a huge number of outside blocks and I adjust my block holder
accordingly, but others in the group say it's easier to re-embed all
outside blocks (Yikes!) and then have every microtome aligned the same.
I was just wondering if these aligners work and if so perhaps it could
be an alternative for those individuals that normally would rather
re-embed than realign.

Thanks!
Jeanine Bartlett, HT(ASCP)
Infectious Disease Pathology Activity