[Histonet] permeabilization needed in IHC of viral protein?

Carla M Conway cmconway <@t> usgs.gov
Wed Mar 2 16:37:50 CST 2005

Hello,

I am interested in using IHC to detect nucleocapsid (N) protein within
rhabdovirus. I have had success in detecting the glycoprotein on the
envelope surface, however the N protein is located within the virion.
Sections (FFPE) will be enzymatically digested with 0.05% protease XIV in
TBS according to our standard protocol. Would a permeabilization agent
increase access to the interior proteins?  Any suggestions/comments will be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Carla Conway
Western Fisheries Research Center