[Histonet] ASCP

Dawson, Glen GDawson <@t> dynacaremilwaukee.com
Wed Mar 2 10:57:02 CST 2005

I came in at the middle of this thread so excuse me if someone stated this
before.

To maintain the QIHC qualification, you not only have to dig up
documentation on a minimum of 30 CEU's related to immunohistochemistry every
5 years, but you have to pay $50 to maintain it.  Although I believe it is
vital that IHC people stay up to snuff on continuing education, I think it
is obnoxious to have to pay for a qualification that you've had to pay to
obtain already.  The $50 every 5 years is not an exhorbitant amount but it
is more the principle. It seems like a fee just for the sake of a fee and it
does nothing for the person that has to pay it.

I paid to be a member of NSH for a number of years only because the mailings
I received were very aggressive and led me to believe that my certification
would lapse if I didn't pay.  I haven't renewed since I learned for certain
that this was not the case.

Glen Dawson  BS, HT & QIHC (ASCP)
IHC Manager
Milwaukee, WI