[Histonet] RE: disinfection of cryostat

Hopkins, Karen KMH.02 <@t> ex.uchs.org
Tue Mar 1 13:12:55 CST 2005

Does anyone have protocol for disinfection of a Reichert Jung cryostat that would meet CAP requirements for disinfection and not involve removing the microtome from the unit.  We would like to use our Reichert daily but it is too involved to disinfect it weekly (bringing the unit to room temp, removing the microtome etc...)   I like the Shandons method using formaldehyde but do not know if I could get away with just wiping the insides out with formaldehyde or not?   Please offer any advise you think may help....