[Histonet] XYLENE EVAPORATION AND GLASS RACKS

Tim Wheelock twheelock <@t> mclean.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 29 08:42:27 CDT 2005

Hi Margaret:

Perhaps the way  to stop xylene evaporation is to put something on top
of the containers like a cork board, or heavy cookie sheet, anything
heavy enough that will help seal the xylene in the containers.

Speaking of glass racks, they do seem to be somewhat fragile. I tried
them out in an attempt to batch my silver stains years ago  but they did
not hold enough slides.

I was wondering if anyone out there knew of glass racks that held 60
slides, not back-to-back, but just one slide per slot.
I am still trying to find a way to batch the Bielschowsky silver stains,
instead of dealing with 14 different coplan jars.

Tim Wheelock
Harvard Brain Bank
McLean Hospital