[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 19, Issue 40

Julie.Sanders <@t> med.va.gov Julie.Sanders <@t> med.va.gov
Tue Jun 28 12:42:57 CDT 2005

Jane,

Check the pH of your buffer solution.  We had trouble with non specific
staining and turned out to be high pH of the buffer.  Of course it happened
on more than the CC1 treated slides, but its worth a try.
Julie

Julie Sanders, Supervisor, Anatomic Pathology
VAMC Cincinnati, Ohio

"Dear All,

Particularly those using Ventana IHC Stainers.

We have a Ventana Benchmark and recently (from the middle of May) we have a
problem with antibodies which have had a pre-treatment in CC1.

1	After CC1, whether mild or standard we are getting non-specific
biotin
type staining.  However, when you look at the slides they  look specific in
their staining although for the wrong antibody.  The negative controls are
displaying this phenomenon as well.

2.	The staining can be blocked with the Avidin-Biotin block, but this
does
not always remove the staining completely.

We are using Batch #'s 48091 & 48127 of CC1.

Thanks
Jane Milliken,"