[Histonet] xylene vs. xylene substitutes

Mrosla, Tina M tmmrosla <@t> healtheast.org
Wed Jun 22 12:06:40 CDT 2005

I was wondering what kind of experience people have had with xylene substitutes. I work in a medium-volume hospital laboratory that would like to change to a xylene substitute wherever we can without compromising quality. It probably would have no effect on the tissue processors, but how about the automatic stainer (I should mention that we have a Sakura tape coverslipper)?  Hemo-D is not an option because some employees have hypersensitivity to it, but how about Americlear or any others?

Tina Mrosla
tmmrosla <@t> healtheast.org

The information included in this e-mail message, including any attachments, is intended only for the person or organization to which it is addressed. This e-mail message may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you receive this e-mail message and are not the intended recipient or responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you may not use, disseminate, distribute or copy the information included in this e-mail and any attachments. If you received this e-mail message by mistake, please reply by e-mail and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. Thank you.