[Histonet] Immunostainers -- in your opinion what's best and why?

Kim Merriam kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jun 22 07:23:48 CDT 2005

Hello,

I purchased a Biocare Nemesis stainer a few months ago, and I absolutely love it.  Being in research, it is important to have a stainer that is open, meaning I can use any reagent that I want to.  This machine allows me to do just that, I can use any antibody or detection system with this stainer.  You can bar code the reagents or the slides, or both.  The pricing is pretty competitive, especially considering it has a big 84-slide per run capacity.

Also - the support I get from this company is phenomenal!

Kim Merriam
Novartis
Cambridge, MA

GT Hebert <emerald_lake77 <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi everyone,

It's that time again when we need to make a list for big budget items and I am in need of a good automated immunostainer. I perform IHC (85%) and ISH (15%) all by hand and at this time it will help me a lot to get some of that work to become automated.

So in your opion and based on your experiences, what is the best one out there and why (for both IHC and ISH, or compromise)?

I am only familar with the Biogenex system. I learned a lot about the Biocare Nemesis system -- does anyone have any experience with this machine? Biocare claims its machine to be a nemesis ... but the price seems to also rival all others -- $77,000 YIKES. I have been to the NSH convention and discovered there are many others -- but without some experience there is no way I can actually know how good it works, how easy it is to use, how useful it will be and if it breaks down after 3 months.

Thank you all for your responses.

Sincerely,

Gustave T. Hebert
Scientist II