[Histonet] quality assurance. .

Henry, Charlene Charlene.Henry <@t> STJUDE.ORG
Tue Jun 21 15:25:37 CDT 2005

A few suggestions.
1. Frozen Section Turn Around Time (20 minute TAT)
2. Number of SS Repeated Tests (ours is a target of < 5% of total SS
tests)
3. Number of IHC Repeated Tests (ours is a target of < 5% of total IHC
tests)
3. Number of surgical cases completed after ____ AM  (our target is < 5%
after 9:00 AM)
Hope these help.

Charlene Henry HT (ASCP), QIHC
Histology/Immunohistochemistry Section Head
Department of Pathology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
901-495-3191
fax 901-495-3100

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Auth,
Lori
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 2:19 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] quality assurance. .

please I need help!!!!!!!!! I am looking for a new quality assurance
indicator for Histology. I currently am using specimen/requisition
deficiencies. We have been compliant for over 2 years and I need to
identify high risk, high volume error prone issue. I can't come up with
something new to monitor. What does everyone else use???
Lori Auth, Lead Technician Histology
Mercy Medical Center
Rockville Centre, N.Y.