[Histonet] Species specific antibody marker

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Fri Jun 17 09:08:17 CDT 2005

Affinity BioReagents, (ABR) has a Mouse MAB (vimentin) which is specific
for Mouse, Human and Rat. (MA3-745).  You can use this to distinguish
murine from canine cells, theoretically.  I've used a human mitochondria
marker to distinguish human from murine - everything that stains is human
- the ones that don't stain are murine.  This should work the same, I
would hope.  I haven't found a murine mitochondria marker so far.
Jackie

Jacqueline M. O'Connor HT(ASCP) QIHC
Assistant Scientist
GPRD Cancer Research