[Histonet] Trouble Adhering Post-Fixed Frozen Cartilage to Slides...

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Mon Jun 13 13:35:31 CDT 2005

    Many years ago (1985?) there was a paper in Stain Technology, now
known as Biotechnique and Histochemistry, called "hot melt corner point
method" in which the authors used hot melt glue to hold down sections of
vertebral bodies (or intervertebral disks). The glue was applied at the
corners of the sections but I think the sections were embedded in
celloidin. Also, you might want to try staining the sections
free-floating in watch glasses (or a similar shallow container) and only
mounting the sections when staining is finished.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.