[Histonet] tap water on stainer

Pamela A. Marcum pmarcum <@t> vet.upenn.edu
Thu Jun 9 09:05:00 CDT 2005

Hi,

Water has always been an issue and it depends on where you live as to what is
best.  I have lived in areas where the pH of tap water was in the 8.0> range
and other areas where you can smell the chlorine or the pH was <6.0.

DI water is great if you have the option and if you don't you should find out
the pH and try to work with it by understanding the chemistry of the tap water
and how it will effect your stains.  Some areas tap water is just fine and may
even be better than DI if no one is changing the filters routinely.

Best Regards,

Pamela A. Marcum, Histology Manager
University of Pennsylvania
School of Veterinary Medicine