[Histonet] anti human Laminin-5 antibody

Birthe Schnegelsberg schnegelsberg <@t> xgene.com
Wed Jun 8 10:03:08 CDT 2005

Hello.

I am performing a fluorescent staining on cryosections from human skin with
a monoclonal antibody from Chemicon for Laminin-5. I used concentrations
from 1:400- very/too weak staining suggesting to be at expected location- to
up to 1:80 -too high background, specific staining not detectable.

Does anybody have experience with this antibody using cryosections?

I did a 10min RT aceton fixation of the tissue, would anybody suggest a
different fixation to improve the staining?

Thanks, Birthe

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Atoska S.
Gentry
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 11:20 AM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Adipocyte staining

Hello, please is anyone out there familiar with the Oil Red O protocol for
adipocytes which requires differentiation in 1% Dextrin? A colleague of
mine needs to know if the Dextrin has to made in H2O or Isopropanol ? The
Oil Red O is made in Isopropanol. Your prompt replies will be much
appreciated. Atoska