[Histonet] Saturday work schedule

Bonner, Janet Janet.Bonner <@t> FLHOSP.ORG
Mon Jun 6 11:04:58 CDT 2005

I neglected the rest of your question!  About the shift rotation.  I'm the
latest shift that applies to working Saturday - 10AM to 6:30PM.  Obviously I
have to take Fridays off to get up at 2AM on Saturday to make it by 3AM(I'm
then the late Saturday person - until 12 noon)  The next shift that does not
apply to the Saturday rotation comes in at 3PM-11:30PM.  The majority of our
people work 10PM-6:30AM  and 6AM-2:30PM.  This shift covers early Saturdays
and has Mondays off.  (By "shift", we actually have our own hours skewed
throughout the day, ie- I'm the only 10AMer.)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of
jmy1967 <@t> comcast.net
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 7:22 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Saturday work schedule

Dear Histonetters,
We are considering adjusting our Saturday work schedule. Currently, two
techs embed about 130 biopsy blocks and section and stain three slides for
each. I'd like some information on how other high volume labs implement
their Saturday schedule. Do you have a Saturday rotation? And if so, what's
your work flow protocol, i.e. number of techs, type of specimens produced
(biopsies and/or surgicals)? If your lab has two or more shifts, is the
Saturday rotation equitable or does only day shift rotate on Saturdays? Many
thanks for your responses!
Jill