[Histonet] Saturday work schedule

jmy1967 <@t> comcast.net jmy1967 <@t> comcast.net
Fri Jun 3 18:22:12 CDT 2005

Dear Histonetters,
We are considering adjusting our Saturday work schedule. Currently, two techs embed about 130 biopsy blocks and section and stain three slides for each. I'd like some information on how other high volume labs implement their Saturday schedule. Do you have a Saturday rotation? And if so, what's your work flow protocol, i.e. number of techs, type of specimens produced (biopsies and/or surgicals)? If your lab has two or more shifts, is the Saturday rotation equitable or does only day shift rotate on Saturdays? Many thanks for your responses!
Jill