[Histonet] GMA block question

Judi Ford jlf <@t> jax.org
Wed Jun 1 12:10:54 CDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I have a question about gma blocks coming off the holder.  We use Technovit
7100 to embed our tissue (mouse eyes).  Once the resin is set, overnight @
room temperature, the blocks are popped out of the mold and dried in a room
temperature oven overnight (once in awhile the temperature may exceed room
temperature).  The next day we cut them.  The problem I see, is that every
so often the tissue block is loose, even after being in the oven and in a
dessicator. We end up having to cut the block off the backing and remount
it using epoxy.

There are others in the lab doing the same exact method as we are and they
have had no problems. The tissue blocks are rock solid.  We've tried to
examine all the angles........

Any ideas about what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Judi Ford
Histotechnologist
The Jackson Laboratory