Fwd: [Histonet] "waviness"

Ian Montgomery ian.montgomery <@t> bio.gla.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 07:21:57 CDT 2005

Julie,
         Fix the problem, easy, plug his dangly bits into the
electricity supply and switch on. A microscopist who doesn't use the
focus controls, I'm shocked and alarmed.
Ian.

>One of our pathologists is complaining about having to focus up and down too
>much while reading slides.  I have tried many things to resolve the problem
>but nothing is making him happy.  I have changed the way we pick up from
>water bath to be sure slides are perpendicular (straight up and down) when
>picking up sections, we use only plus slides, I've asked that slides not be
>placed on the warming platform after picking up.  Does anyone have any ideas
>about how I can fix this problem?
>
>Julie
>
>Julie Sanders
>Supervisor, Anatomic Pathology
>Cincinnati VA

Dr. Ian Montgomery,
Histotechnology,
IBLS Support Services,
Graham Kerr Building,
Institute of Biomedical & Life Sciences,
University of Glasgow,
Glasgow,
G12 8QQ.
Tel: 0141 339 8855