[Histonet] (no subject)

Dana Marshall dmarsha3 <@t> utmem.edu
Mon Jul 25 11:10:26 CDT 2005

hi,
we generally use less than that volume for rinse, approx 0.8 ml with gentle
2-3 time up and down.  remove that 0.8 ml and repeat the process two more
times, each time with 0.8ml..  the yield is good but it must be done very
gently.  we then did a quick rbc lysis step.
hope this helps.
dana marshall
----- Original Message -----
From: "bcgirish" <bcgpath <@t> rediffmail.com>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 8:06 AM
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)

Dear friends,

Does anyone do bronchoalveolar lavage in mice?
we anaesthetize the animals with pentobarbitone.With an incision at the
lower cervical region,trachea will be exposed,fluid will be collected after
canulation and injecting 2ml normal saline.This method is yielding lot of
RBCs which interferes with the interpretation.We tried with even
exsanguination of the animals with renal artery severing but the result was
not that much encouraging.can anyone help me in this regard by a better
method?

REGARDS
Dr.Girish B.Chandrashekar
Dept of Preclinical Safety Evaluation