[Histonet] Re: Staining for Helicobacter pylori

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Mon Jul 25 09:40:02 CDT 2005

Besides the Warthin Starry method, you can use Steiner and Steiner (our
preferred) but go to the Sakura Finetek website, and Histologic, there was
a superb review of staining for Helicobacter a few years back, gave many
methods.  Labs are also doing an immunohistochemical stain for the organism
- very specific and in a lot of ways, nicer than using silver staining
methods.

At 09:39 AM 7/23/2005, you wrote:
>We use the Wharton Stary method.... you can also use an Alcian Yellow
>Stain... there's another called the Toluidine Method I believe...
>
>Hope this helps...
>
>Drew Meyer

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)