[Histonet] RE: more questions on IF

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Thu Jul 21 10:29:38 CDT 2005

Terri,
I think 1hr.h202 block of frozen is way too harsh, even with 1% compared to
3%, I have found with the T cell markers the endogenous peroxidase block is
very critical, in fact although for most of my antibodies I block after the
primary antibody, for T cell markers I have to do the peroxidase block
before the antibody.  What enzyme are you using for your second cd8?  There
is a great product from DAKO now called Dual Block which blocks both for
peroxidase and alk. Phos. In the same solution.  It seems to be gentle
enough for frozen sections.  I use it on frozen rat brains when I do cd3,
cd4, and cd8.  I block for 10 min. with this BEFORE the antibody and then
use a labeled polymer detection system to avoid endogenous biotin issues.
My antibody is rat anti-mouse so I then use rab. Anti-rat secondary and then
the anti-rab. Labelled polymer with great results.  I use a serum free
protein block before the primary antibody for 5 min. and then I use that
again before the secondary and before the labelled polymer, if makes for
really clean results.

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech, LLC
Fitzsimmons BioScience Park
12635 Montview Blvd. Suite 216
Aurora, CO 80010
P-720-859-4060
F-720-859-4110
wk email pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
web site www.ihctech.net

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the Person(s)
('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author. It may contain information that is
privileged & confidential within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message, or
any of its contents, by any person other than the intended recipient may
constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If
you are NOT the intended recipient please contact the sender and dispose of
this e-mail as soon as possible.