[Histonet] One Step Trichrome.

Monfils, Paul PMonfils <@t> Lifespan.org
Wed Jul 20 14:59:54 CDT 2005

I use the Gomori technique as my standard trichrome stain.  It's a "one-step
procedure" in that the collagen stain (light green FCF in the original
procedure, though I prefer to substitute aniline blue) and the plasma stain
(chromotrope 2R) are combined in one solution with phosphotungstic acid and
acetic acid, and the stain is progressive (no differentiation required).
Staining time is 20 minutes, though good results can be obtained in half
that time. The solution keeps well, at least six months at room temperature,
at least a year refrigerated.  If you need the protocol I can send it to
you.

Paul M.