[Histonet] Bodies in morgue - who does the checking?

Horn, Hazel V HornHV <@t> archildrens.org
Mon Jul 18 12:13:02 CDT 2005

At our hospital is is histology's responsibility to check the morgue on
day shift, Monday-Friday.    On evenings, nights and weekends our
Nursing service does it.   BUT we can check the morgue, via computer.
We have the option to pull up and expired patient list.  If we know
someone has expired we can go down to the morgue and check to see if
there is autopsy.    We also release bodies on dayshift to the funeral
homes.

Hazel Horn, HT/HTL (ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Arkansas Children's Hospital - Changing Children's Lives

Phone - 501.364.4240
Fax - 501.364.3912

Visit us on the web at      www. archildrens.org