[Histonet] Vibratome sections of unfixed tissues

Charles Scouten cwscouten <@t> myneurolab.com
Fri Jul 15 15:09:12 CDT 2005

Embedding would take time, at a premium with unfixed tissue.

When used to collect brain slices for brain slice chamber electrophsyiology, researchers either just put the brain block down on wet filter paper, and get enough adhesion from that to cut, or use an instant setting cyanoacrylate provided with the Vibratome.

Cordially,
Charles W.  Scouten, Ph.D.
myNeuroLab.com
5918 Evergreen Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63134
Ph: 314 522 0300
FAX  314 522 0377
cwscouten <@t> myneurolab.com
http://www.myneurolab.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Elizabeth Chlipala
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2005 2:59 PM
To: 'Johnson, Teri'; 'Histonet'
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Vibratome sections of unfixed tissues

Teri

We have not done unfixed tissue via vibratome, but we have done paraformaldehyde fixed and we use gelatin to create a block with the tissue in it.

Liz

Elizabeth A. Chlipala, BS, HTL(ASCP)QIHC Manager Premier Laboratory, LLC P.O. Box 18592 Boulder, Colorado 80308
Office: (303) 735-5001
Fax: (303) 735-3540
liz <@t> premierlab.com
www.premierlab.com