[Histonet] Archiving of Histology Samples in Research

Dimaano, Nena nena.dimaano <@t> stryker.com
Fri Jul 15 07:34:16 CDT 2005

Hi All,
 I was wondering if you guys can help me answer the following questions about archiving histology samples.
Our Histology Lab archive the samples(including wet samples stored in 10% formalin, blocks both paraffin and plastics)  indefinitely and since we are running out of space it is becoming a great deal of problem.

The following are my questions:

*	How long do you keep the samples stored in 10% formalin?

*	How long do you store the blocks (paraffin and plastics) in research?

*	Is there any agencies like the FDA, CDC or CLIA outlining this task?

thanks,
Nena

Nena Dimaano
Orthobiologics, R&D