[Histonet] ASCP registration- urgent help needed.

Meryl Roberts meryl50 <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Jul 13 14:48:30 CDT 2005

Hi there-

I'm a registered histologist in the UK with 6 years experience, but I'm
currently job-hunting in the USA; can anyone tell me how I go about becoming
registered? I know there is a computer exam and a practical test, but is
there any way I can take the exam in the UK? or is my registration in the UK
transferrable?

The way the visa system works- I can't enter the USA until I have an offer
of emplyment, but it seems that most labs are unwilling to employ me unless
I have ASCP registration- it's a no win situation!!

I'm also going to contact the ASCP directly, but I thought it couldn't hurt
to ask on here too.

sincerely Meryl Roberts.