[Histonet] Macrophage marker mouse tissue

Bill billk1ibz <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 08:29:12 CDT 2005

In my experience, Serotec's CD68 clone FA-11 is a much better tissue macrophage marker than F4/80, which is not expressed on all macs (i.e. lung).   A 5 min. pretreatment w/ Dako Prot K is all that is required on FFPE mouse tissue.

"Edwards, R.E." <ree3 <@t> leicester.ac.uk> wrote:F4/80

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of GT Hebert
Sent: 11 July 2005 17:30
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Macrophage marker mouse tissue

Hello,

I am in need of a good macrophage marker on FFPE tissue. I will be using it on mouse tissue... mainly the heart (but other tissues may be included). So far I have looked into a number of antibodies (CD68, Mac-2) but can never be certain which one to choose.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Gustave

Gustave Hebert, HT (ASCP)