[Histonet] Uneven staining in same slide, any clues?

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Wed Jul 6 15:25:13 CDT 2005

Are you doing the staining manually or using an Autostainer?  Maybe you need
to use more reagent to cover both sections.
Patsy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Ze Lu
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 1:15 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Uneven staining in same slide, any clues?

Hi, histonet friends,

In some Ki67 staining study we have done. I always see a trend that sections
in bottom half stained better than the sections in top half in the same
slide. Both tissue sections are next each other during sectioning. Expect
there is similar staining but always slight difference. We used hydrophobic
marker pen to draw cycle to form a reservior, so the incubation should be
even. Anyone has clues on it?

Ze Lu, Ph.D.
Optimum Therapeutics, LLC