[Histonet] Rotating shifts...

Tom McNemar TMcNemar <@t> lmhealth.org
Tue Jul 5 08:25:27 CDT 2005

I was wondering if most histo labs use rotating shifts or if people mostly
work the same hours.  Do you have people that just work one shift and
primarily do one job (gross, cut, stain, etc.)?

At full staff we have 4 techs and 3 of them rotate between 2 weeks of 6-2:30
and 1 week of 7:30-4 (surgicals).  I wondered if switching the hours to a
straight 7:30 - 4 position might help attract someone.  I was also thinking
that we would have a more consistency/continuity if everyone had a certain
job/area that they were primarily responsible for.

All thoughts appreciated.

Tom Mc Nemar HT(ASCP)
Histology Supervisor
Licking Memorial Hospital