[Histonet] bubbles around tissue in MMA

Langiano, Lori, MS, HT lori.langiano <@t> medtronic.com
Wed Jan 26 19:44:20 CST 2005

Hello all, this is my first query to the histonet. I recently started embedding tissues in MMA using the Technovit 9100 kit. I will mostly be embedding stented vessels. I have had problems with bubbles forming around the tissue during polymerization. I have not tried destabilizing the monomer yet, but did try using a vacuum before placing the sealed samples at 4 degrees C in a dessicator. Any ideas you have would be welcome. I did not find anything on this in the archives. Also, I would like to know what people use for embedding molds. Thanks,
Lori