[Histonet] Use of Sta-On for Immuno stains

Patti Loykasek ploykasek <@t> phenopath.com
Fri Jan 21 10:13:22 CST 2005

I had a similar situation in a previous job. All H&Es, plus unstained levels
were cut by the main histology lab, and they used sta-on in the water bath.
I never had a problem with section fall off during immunos or non-specific
staining. Perhaps this is dependent on the amount of sta-on used in the
water bath? The majority of immunos I did cut myself, using a water bath
with only water in it.
Just my experience.

Patti Loykasek
PhenoPath Laboratories>

 I was just wondering how other labs are handling this situation:  For