[Histonet] NIH image J surface area unit

Rocan rocan <@t> mac.com
Thu Jan 20 13:28:47 CST 2005

I guess there are a couple of ways to do this. I use a stage micrometer
(you can google "stage micrometer" and find it on the pictures).  I
take a picture of the ruler imprinted. Typically these rulers have a
one millimeter ruler and 100 divisions of 10 micrometers each.  So,
with the photo using the same scope and objective you go to any of
these programs like NIH ImageJ and open the document (same size as the
photos you are measuring). There is a command where you place the mouse
on one end drag and click on the other end of the markings.  So, if you
drag it over ten marking you then instruct the program that that
distance is 100 micrometers.  Then using these settings you do your
measurements and the measurements would then be very precise and will
be in micrometers.  I do this with a different program but I know you
can do it with ImageJ.
I hope this helps.
Rocio

-----