[Histonet] Re: heart specimens - Shandon processing

John Auld John.Auld <@t> whnt.nhs.uk
Thu Jan 20 08:46:23 CST 2005

Tina

You don't say which Shandon processor you were using. We have 2, a
Pathcentre and an Excelsior. There were problems with the Excelsior at the
beginning but Shandon (UK) were brilliant in looking after us during this
time.

I think you must have had an undiagnosed problem with yours as merely
changing processor if all else stays the same should make little
difference.

By the way when looking to buy the Pathcentre I conacted Bayer for a quote
etc, the local rep couldn't even be bothered to telephone to follow up on
the quote. Not the service I expected as a previous Bayer user in another
hospital.

John

John Auld MSc CSci FIBMS
BMS 4
Dept of Histopathology and Clinical Cytology
Arrowe Park Hospital
Arrowe Park Road
Upton
Wirral