[Histonet] contamination/molds

María Teresa Domínguez marytedo <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 13:06:52 CST 2005

   I usually clean the molds in three steps:

   I wrappe  all  the metal molds with a paper towell and put in the oven
   at 42ºC (over night),

   when  the  paper  is  wet with the paraffin, I pass all the molds to a
   bowl filled of Xilene, and lte them there for 1 hour.

   To  finish all the molds can be dry into the oven at 37ºC.The paraffin
   "rest in peace" in the paper towell, and the Xilene.

   Good luck!

   Ht. Maria Teresa Dominguez

   Anatomic Patology Service

   Río Grande's Regional Hospital

   Río Grande, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina.
   Ma. Teresa
   "Histonetliste   (Histonetliste)"  <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
   >Subject:  [Histonet]  contamination/molds  >Date:  Wed,  19  Jan 2005
   12:52:28  +0100  > > > >-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- >Von: Gudrun
   Lang  [mailto:gu.lang <@t> gmx.at]  >Gesendet:  Mittwoch,  19.  Jänner 2005
   12:50    >An:    'Molinari,    Betsy'    >Betreff:    AW:   [Histonet]
   contamination/molds  > >We clean our molds daily in a ultrasonic bath.
   Water  with  tensid,  35 degree; >Paraffin swims on the surface, molds
   become   clean.   >   >Gudrun   Lang  >Austria  >  >-----Ursprüngliche
   Nachricht-----     >Von:     histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
   >[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]   Im  Auftrag  von
   Molinari,  >Betsy  >Gesendet:  Mittwoch,  19.  Jänner  2005 12:42 >An:
   histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu         >Betreff:         [Histonet]
   contamination/molds  >  >While on this subject I was just curious..how
   often  do  you  clean  your  >molds  and how do you clean them? >Betsy
   Molinari  HT(ASCP)  >Texas  Heart  Institute >Cardiovascular Pathology