[Histonet] endogenous alk phos

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Tue Jan 18 11:15:24 CST 2005

What tissues are you working with?  Gut?

There is a blocker from KPL, a universal blocker that will work, but you
use it at beginning of staining, as one uses peroxidase  blocking.   It
also blocks endog peroxidase.  I am not sure what it will do to frozen
sections - a shorter time for application,  but they say it can be used
with frozen sections.  It is wonderful with paraffin sections and if one
uses this blocker, you do NOT use levamisole in the chromogen.

The reagent is ready to use, we just recycle dropper bottles for
application of drops.

At 08:37 AM 1/18/2005, you wrote:
>Hello. Is there another method(s) to block endogenous alkaline phosphotase
>in mice, on frozen sections, besides levamisole?
>
>Thanks!!!!!
>
>Rachael L. Emerson
>Center for Human Genetics and Molecular Pediatric Diseases
>University of Rochester Medical Center
>575 Elmwood Avenue MRBX 1.11301
>Rochester, NY 14642
>
>Tel (585) 275-5073