[Histonet] Pathology Report Retention in Lab

Rebecca Barnhart RBARNHART <@t> summithealth.org
Fri Jan 14 12:09:28 CST 2005

We no longer keep a hard copy in the lab.  We scan the request, consult
report, immuno report, FCM report, cytogenetic report and anything else
pertaining to the cases into our computer system.  If our computer
system goes down (which is a very rare occurrence) we can always go to
medical records.

Becky

>>> <chiggerson <@t> memhosp.com> 1/14/2005 12:31:27 PM >>>
Hi!

How long is everyone else keeping the lab copy (hard copy) of the
pathology report in the lab files?

Original kept in Medical Records indefinitely and lab copy is available

on-line but does not include associated items such as drawings, reqs,
outside consultation reports, etc..

Thanks,
Cindy