[Histonet] cryostat, ergonomics

meyenhmf <@t> umdnj.edu meyenhmf <@t> umdnj.edu
Fri Jan 14 10:05:49 CST 2005

The only cryostats ever produced (or designed) for a prolonged use without
breaking your back was by Dittes-Duspiva/Lide in Germany in the 60ties (I
have used them for years, daily! there is a picture in the older Pearse
Histochemistry Book). Maybe Slee or Bright has also some advantages over
the
"bad designs">
I always wonderd why nobody ever came up with a better design then this
"bend over the cryostat,  braking your back, into the top" type design!
So 30 years ago, I designed an ergonomic cryostat, but space, funds and
other interests prevented me from pursuing this venture. (Hello
manufacturers, I am available!!!)
 Regards,
Markus F. Meyenhofer