[Histonet] Ki-67 MIB-5 on FFPE mouse tissue

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Thu Jan 13 16:22:32 CST 2005

Julie

The Ki-67 from Dako that works on mouse tissue is the rat anti-mouse
Ki-67 (clone TEC-3), cat # M7249. The MIB-5 works on rat tissue.  As far
as I am aware these Ki-67 antibodies from dako do not cross react with
other species.  For Ki-67 I use three different antibodies, one for
human, one for mouse and one for rat.  I have tried the human on rat and
mouse and I know that does not work.  I'm assuming the MIB-5 will not
work on mouse, plus it's a mouse monoclonal.  I normally try to stay
away from mouse on mouse if other antibodies are available.  I use the
rat anti-mouse Ki-67 at 1:50 with steam retrieval.  I have images and a
more detailed protocol if you would like

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
P.O. Box 18592
Boulder, Colorado 80308