[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 14, Issue 14

David Weil DWeil <@t> ciit.org
Thu Jan 13 08:19:10 CST 2005

Dear Baowei

I have had only one project that involved inflating the lungs with OCT
and it did not produce good results. However, the protocol that was
being used called for several lung lavages with PBS before the lungs
were inflated. The lavages leave fluid behind and it seemed to impair
the inflation with OCT. The investigator did  not continue with the
procedure. We filled up the lung in a manner similar to that describe by
Gayle. I am glad to hear that other folks have had success inflating
lungs with OCT. Our attempts to use OCT for lung inflation just did not
work for this particular project.

David S Weil  BS, HTL
CIIT Centers For Health Research
6 Davis Dr.