[Histonet] endothelial cell marker other than PECAM

Margaret Horne mhorne <@t> upei.ca
Thu Jan 13 07:09:43 CST 2005

Hi ,
   I haven't started yet , but am about to try von Willebrand's factor (
Factor VIII  ).   I'll be doing it on rat,  first in FFPE to see if it works,
and then on osmium fixed Epon embedded.   Wish me luck!

              I chose Factor 8 because of a paper by Ulger et al , Anat
Histol Embryol. 2002 Feb:31(1):31-5   where he compares various
rat endothelial cell markers : Factor 8 , RECA-1, PECAM-1 , ICAM-
1, OX-43 and ZO-1.

I am buying my anti body from  Biocare Medical and their tech
support suggests trying a pepsin treatment as they use it on the
FFPE tissue at 37 C for 5 min.

               Hope this helps , don't hesitate to email me if you have
any more questions,

       Margaret
Margaret Horne ,
Histology Teaching Assistant,