[Histonet] acid clean glassware

Bartlett, Jeanine JQB7 <@t> CDC.GOV
Wed Jan 12 09:42:22 CST 2005

I have always used 20% nitric with excellent results.

Jeanine Bartlett, HT(ASCP)
Infectious Disease Pathology Activity
1600 Clifton Road, MS/G-32
Atlanta, GA 30333

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Sue
Tyler
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 10:30 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] acid clean glassware

I have searched the archives  for info. on replacing potassium
dichromate sulfuric acid glass cleaner. I  came up with a few
suggestions namely, nitric acid or a  Clorox bleach wash.  I was
wondering what your current opinions are of  these suggestions.  Do you
still like them and do they work as well as suggested?  Is there a
commercial cleaner that works just as well?

--
Sue Tyler
Biologist