[Histonet] CD4 & CD8

Amos Brooks amosbrooks <@t> earthlink.net
Tue Jan 11 16:32:43 CST 2005

Liz & Gayle,
         Actually we've had really good luck with both CD4 & CD8. The trick
with CD4 is doing a peroxidase block before retrieval or not at all. If you
do it after retrieval it will really diminish the reactivity. Use high pH
epitope retrieval (I'm using DAKO for this in a steamer for 20 min). You
should also use a non-biotin secondary antibody as the retrieval really
brings out the endogenous biotin. Try Impress from Vector it's great! For a
primary antibody we also use Neomarkers for both. Try around 1:10 - 1:20
for a dilution.

Best of luck,
Amos Brooks