[Histonet] MS access and histology

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Tue Jan 11 16:06:41 CST 2005

Access was a little too much for some of  the PhD's to comprehend here -
so we went to a very simple program, FileMakerPro.  I use it to log
virtually everything - Accession numbers, workload, IHC requests - you
name it.  I designed the database to fit my needs, so of course I love it.
 My only gripe is that you don't have to hit a save key when you enter
information - so if you make a mistake and accidentally hit the wrong key
or enter data in the wrong file, you'd never know it - well, until it was
found later.  Besides that - it's great.  It has a lock out function, too,
so that other people cant enter data - we have it on our common drive so
the info is accessible to everyone, but only a select few can enter
selected data.
Jackie

WWmn916 <@t> aol.com
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu