[Histonet] CALIBRATING SCALES

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Mon Jan 10 18:16:40 CST 2005

Hi Brian:

    I must admit that I was skeptical until I looked in the Fischer
catalogue, a complete set of weights lists for $980. That said, what is
the matter with your "old" weights? Maybe if you need great accuracy to
4 decimal places you might need some very precise weights, but otherwise
I think not. What sort of reagent needs that degree of precision?
    When we had Mettler come out and calibrate out balances the
technician always had his own set of weights. I would talk to the
manufacturer, the vendor and whoever is providing service.

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.