[Histonet] calling all muscle folks... PHOS coverslipping

Jennifer Hofecker jhofecker <@t> yahoo.com
Fri Jan 7 11:22:21 CST 2005

Hi Julia,
after applying the iodine and air drying, we use 85%
Karo syrup to put a coverslip on the slide.  It stays
readable for about a weeek, but never gets solid and
of course, is not considered permanent.  We have a big
gooey mess of PHOS slides in a drawer that are
unreadable.
I may try some glycerine.
Thanks for responding,
Jennifer