[Histonet] murine eosinophil immunostaining

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Thu Jan 6 10:56:29 CST 2005

We are embarking on murine eosinophil staining on FFPE fixed lung (not
short fixation time!).  I will be doing other searches for available
antibodies to detect eosinophils, but would like any recommendations from
laboratories successfully doing murine eosinophil IHC.

1.  Whether this will work on FFPE tissue, if so, retrieval?

2.  Are frozen sections a preference - something I would prefer to do anyway.

3. Antibody source

Any other suggestions will be welcome as this is NOT a project that
originated in our laboratory so we have no control on fixation time in NBF.
Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)
Research Histopathology Supervisor
Veterinary Molecular Biology